1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Sold a house. (It sucked.)
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I resolved to stop letting myself go and lose weight. I think I finally achieved the first but not until I gained more weight so...yeah.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! And more on the way this summer.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What places did you visit?
Disney World/Orlando, FL. Galveston. Houston. Creedmoor. Pittsburgh. Washington, DC. Carolina Beach. Wilmington, NC.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Oooh I actually achieved a couple of these last year: a bigger house and a shorter drive to get to Target. Sadly I still need more savings. I would like to travel. Like, for real, not just back home, although, that too.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
We moved to Texas on Sept. 18 and the sale of our house closed on Nov. 25 but I doubt I'll remember those long-term.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not to have a recurring theme here, but ... we sold the house.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting myself go. Spending too much time reading Outlander and thinking about how dissimilar my life is. (HAAAAA.) Being depressed about moving and not making the most of it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, we were mainly healthy in 2015. (knock on wood)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new house?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The kids have done well with the move.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. Houses. Taxes. Dear Texas, despite your lack of state income tax, your taxes suck. The end.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sarah got pregnant. And I went to some hockey games. Ohhhhhh my life is depressing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
So, I listen to sports radio and my CD player in my car broke. I have no idea.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder. I want to go back home.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter. I need to start using the greenbelt trails.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer. We have too much debt.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being present. Writing emails to my far-away friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Thinking about the past and people and things that I shouldn’t. Worrying. GAAH THE WORRYING. STOP IT, MOLLY.
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2015?
We opened our presents at our house in the morning, then my parents flew in in the afternoon.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I finally STOPPED watching Greys Anatomy when Stupid Shonda killed off McDreamy. It was slightly liberating and I don't miss it. I like the Property Brothers. I tried to get into the Outlander TV show but the actor they got for Jamie Fraser just wasn't Jamie Fraser for me. Anne and I called it Scottish porn and Patrick thought we were saying Scottish corn and that was amusing.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2015?
Anne made me a cake and got me a singing candle. We had to do the family celebration early because James was working in Wilmington.
24. What was the best book you read?
I read a fair amount of stuff but nothing particularly memorable, it seems.
25. What did you want and get?
A new house. Unfortunately not the one we wanted. Our offer wasn't accepted on the one we wanted. We got our second choice but realized after we moved in that the previous homeowner was a DIYer... I see last year I wanted a bathroom remodel and we did technically get that but it went to the new homeowners so boo.
26. What did you want and not get?
The credit card(s) paid off. Fit.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Um. Hm. I saw Cinderella (the live action one) in the theater and it wasn't bad. Other than that I only remember going to see The Good Dinosaur and that wasn't great.
28. Did you make some new friends this year?
No. I need to get on that.
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not moving to Texas. But it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Elastic. And shoes!
31. What kept you sane?
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I just added someone to my 5. I can't think who it was. Crap. Oh! Chris Pine as Captain Kirk.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
34. Who did you miss?
Who I always miss. [Except! Something. Happened. I don't miss him as much now oddly.] Also, sometimes, my previous life. Not like I want it back, but man, those were some good times. [I have made no progress since 2010.]
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Don't move to Texas.